Saturday, May 24, 2008

The 20th generation Loh Ming Chuin Family (1959)

Our humble beginnings and surviving family of 8 ( 2 passed away during the Japanese Occupation in 1941); 2nd Sis Siew Yoon (@Siu Yun) was fostered out to a rich family in Mandai and not the pic.

L-R:

4th sis Winnie Loh Seng Yoon (@ Xin Yun)
3rd sis Vanessa Loh Li Yoon (@Li Yun)
My mum Liew Chion carrying me on her lap
My eldest Sis Loh Pong Leey(@ Mei Yun)
My Dad Loh Ming Chuin
My eldest brother Loh Ge Sor (@ Yi Ci)
My niece Irene Goh, 2 years older than me.
2nd brother Loh Sim Che (@ Shen Ci)
3rd brother Loh Kee Chieu (@ Ji Ci)

During the British Straits Settlement Days, your English translated name would be dependent on the policeman who did the registration of birth at KK hospital and in my case, the Bukit Panjang Police Station, since I was born at a Dr Loh's Bukit Panjang Maternity Home.

The daughters in my family all have Yoon or Yun, meaning CLOUD in Chinese
and the sons have Chi or Ci, meaning benevolence, or mother's love, and this is according to ancestral tablets and tables that was laid down from many generations back.

No comments: